Monday, January 24, 2005

The end is in sight

Only three more days left in Anjuna. I definitely had fun here, but I am ready to move on. I met a Dutch guy who had just been to Palolem and he said it was more laid back and cheaper than Anjuna. He stayed in a hut right on the beach - which is what I will try and get for accommodations as well.

They had a full moon party last night, but there was no way I could muster the energy to get out of bed at 3am when it started. After sleeping a lot yesterday afternoon and all last night I feel great.

I have a few things to finish off in town. I want to check out the Wednesday market again and mail off a few things I bought to my Dad in Kolkata.

My roommate, Mike, was supposed to leave for Palolem yesterday, but instead he ended up staying another day. Anjuna seems to be hard to leave for some people - others can't wait to get out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Melanie

Vik - we are so pleased that you got to lose yourself on the dancefloor :)

If you have met any locals, you may want to ask them about 'Cashew Feni' (a strong drink)- something we never got around to trying ;)

I hope you made your way to Club Paradiso at least once - you have to just to see the architecure!


Namaste.

January 25, 2005 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Vik said...

Hey Mel,

Ya the hilltop party was amazing. There is another daytime one there today so I will go for a few hours.

I did do a walk through of Paradiso one evening before it really opened, but I am not going there. None of the people I am hanging out with are into the vibe there. Most everyone is tsicking to the free parties and nine bar.

As for the alcohol you mentioned - I am staying away from booze. Everytime I drink anything I feel crappy and go to bed immediately. It is just not for me!

=-)

Vik

January 25, 2005 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home