Wednesday, January 19, 2005

On the rebound

Whew! My stomach is getting better. That was 24hrs of amazing badness, but I am 1000 times better today - which means I only have another 100 times better and I will be normal...=-)~ The sunset last night was beautiful - it definitely made me feel better and I had a decent night's sleep.

I actually managed solid food this afternoon - some pineapple pancakes on the beach. I tried to have some toast and scrambled eggs this AM, but in my hyper alert state I noticed some mould on the bread and that was that for breakfast. I think that might be the place that made me sick - so we are definitely steering clear of it from now on.

Tonight we are going to an organic place called "Bean me up"...I am going to have some rice and lentils. Hopefully all will go well. The sad part about this whole episode is that I won't be digging into my plates of curry with the same gusto for quite a while.

Mike and I are going to head to a party on the beach tonight and dance a bit. This morning I didn't hold out much hope that I would be up for it, but I spent a lot of time walking on the beach today which definitely helped.

I went to the famous Anjuna flea market in the morning. It was a lot of fun checking out the various stalls. I think I saw them all, but the market was so big I kept getting lost. I ran into Mike at the flea market and he had rented a scooter so we took a trip into Vagator and spent the day at the beach. Vagator beach is even more relaxing and empty than Anjuna beach - I didn't think that was possible! I am either sticking around here for another week or heading down to Palolem on Sunday - haven't decided yet. If I do stay I will likely move to Vagator.

I hope all is well in Canada - I noticed it was above freezing in Calgary!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Melanie

If you have wheels, you should go down to the Calangutte / Baga area. There are some big public beaches there where many locals and families go. There were men in suits and women in Sari's standing in shin deep water while their kids played. We found that odd.

Please don't go parasailing!! We saw some crazy sketchy "what not to do's" when we were there.

Lots of little towns and such between Anjuna & Baga. Without getting too lost, take some side streets in the vcenter of town, your adventure should lead you to interesting stores.

Where are you staying? Please descibe your accomodation :)

January 19, 2005 at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home