Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The darkside of my stomach!

Wow - I don't know what it was, but something went seriously wrong with my tummy last night. Mike and I were thinking of going to a bar and seeing about a party, but around 9pm we both started feeling strange and within 2hrs we were really sick. Mike seemed to have the worst of it last night, but I am still not feeling great 20hrs later. We didn't eat the same things so we are having trouble figuring out what set us off. I didn't vomit or have diarrhea, but it felt like my stomach and intestines were in a greco-roman wrestling match all night. I am sore all over and still a bit queasy - all I managed to eat today was some water and an orange juice. The worst part is that I had been following all the standard techniques for staying healthy - I guess this is just part of traveling in India.

I won't bore you with any further details. I am at an internet cafe down by the beach so if I can keep myself together I will wait here for the sun set. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home